The BBC News app brings you the latest, breaking news from our trusted global network of journalists.
Personalise your news offering with My News
Add topics wherever you see the + icon for a quick route straight to the stories you care about.
Stories from topics you add will appear in your personalised My News feed. Here you can order stories by topic or time to stay on top of the news of the day. Topics can be added, removed or re-ordered using the Edit function.
Find content fast
The app can suggest topics based on stories you’ve recently viewed and what’s in the news now.
And you can quickly find topics that interest you using the Search tab. Choose from the familiar list of BBC News indexes such as Business, Technology, Entertainment and Health, or search for your own subjects of interest, whether they’re people, places, things or themes.
More of the news you care about
We offer a full selection of stories from the newsroom, and many ways to read the best journalism from BBC correspondents, including:
- Popular - keep on top of the most read stories and most watched videos from across the BBC
- Video - One-minute World News summary and the latest video stories
- Live - BBC World Service Radio. Expertise and insight from our journalists available 24-hours a day and ready to listen to in the background as you browse
- Push notifications for important news stories
- Video over cellular and wifi
- Improved offline experience. Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them at your leisure
- Viewing modes. On iPhone see more stories per index by choosing ‘Compact layout’ from the Settings screen
- Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
- Share stories to your social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
- Support for dynamic text. Articles in the app will respect the font size in your device settings so you can increase or decrease the story text size as suits your preference
- Related stories, related topics. Go deeper into a storyline with suggestions for further reading and viewing and a range of topics related to each story
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by Airship on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications from BBC News in your device’s ‘Notifications’ screen.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed.
© 2019-2020 BBC
2020年09月08日 にバージョン5.19が 更新されました。
This release introduces some changes to how you find content in the app. We have moved the most useful sections to the bottom of the main screen and made them more accessible.
Top Stories, My News, Popular, Video and Search now all have their own tab, and World Service Radio can be found in the top right corner via the Live button.
You can find all your previously followed topics inside the My News tab, and can swipe through to get the latest on all the news that interests you.
You can also find more topics in the Search tab, including BBC Future, Travel, Culture and Worklife, so you can browse through more of the most recent news and features. As always, you can add topics to My News using the + symbol at the top of the page.